Thursday, September 11, 2008

OK...I Surrender


So, a couple weeks ago I wrote a blog entry about the whole Facebook and MySpace deal, and how silly it all seemed. Well, much to my own chagrin, I have broken down and become a part of the Facebook generation.

Click HERE to view my profile

Within two minutes of joining, I had all kinds of messages from people "congratulating" me and welcoming me on board. It was strangely invigorating. I mean, everyone likes getting attention, so when you get messages and wall posts from people, it makes you feel good.

And, you can connect with people you haven't seen in 15 years (or longer). And, if there are people you don't want to see or hear from again, you don't have to add them as friends. The choice is up to you.

You can jazz up your profile as much as you want. Join groups. Add photos. Post messages. Create "flair." It's wild.

But, as opposed to it as I was initially, the benefits far outweigh any negatives. Really, the only negative is that you can spend hours on the darn thing, and it'll seem like just a couple minutes. It can seriously curb your productivity if you are not careful.

So, all you Facebook people out there, go "wall to wall" with me. Send me some smack talk about your college team. Throw some flair my way.

Cuz I'm in, baby!

No comments: