10 of the Stupidest Quotes of All-Time
Source: 365* of the Stupidest Things Ever Said
1. baseball great Yogi Berra, on the Broadway show Biloxi Blues: It reminds me of being in the Army, even though I was in the Navy.
2. football commentator and former player Joe Theisman in 1996: Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
3. Shaquille O'Neal, on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece: I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to.
4. Anti-smoking spokesperson Brooke Shields: Smoking kills, and if you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
5. President Clinton, during his grand jury testimony: It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.
6. attributed to Miss Alabama during a leading beauty pageant: Host: If you could live forever, would you and why? Miss Alabama: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.
7. Detroit Tigers manager Sparky Anderson on a playor's injury: There's nothing wrong with his shoulder except some pain -- and pain don't hurt you.
8. Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh: I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.
9.Shaquille O'Neal on his lack of championships: I've won at every level, except college and pro.
10. President George W. Bush - A results-oriented administration ... will make America what we want it to be -- a literate country and a hopefuller country.