Monday, December 22, 2008

My Buddy Needs Your Prayers

I have a very dear friend who is hurting right now. In fact, I hurt for him as well.

He and his wife just lost a little baby boy who passed away only 18 weeks into the pregnancy. I will refrain from getting into more specific details, but suffice it to say it's a very difficult and painful time for them.

As I listened to him earlier today, my heart was breaking. But, I was encouraged that he has his eyes and heart open to God's voice while he and his wife travel down this tumultuous road.

My buddy and his wife have two beautiful little girls, and you can bet they cherish the precious moments with them more than ever before.

But, more than that, my friend said he and his wife have grown closer than ever before through this trial. He said they have both been incredibly lonely through it all on the inside, but they have been able to lean on each other as they take small steps forward.

Please pray for my friend. I love him dearly, and I know he needs your prayers - and mine - as he fights the sadness that is trying to steal away his joy.

No comments: